Friday, March 9, 2012

DESPAIR


I no longer recognize the image in the mirror,
all things are different nowadays.
Suddenly, time stopped
and I lost my way.
 
I feel as if I died inside.
Everything seems worthless;
I can only see darkness,
and I feel nothing.
 
How can I be so ungrateful?
How can I feel lonely with so many people around?
Yet, how I can pretend?
How can I live, if I feel like I’ve ceased to exist?
 
How do I replace fulfillment with pills?
How can I go on, if I can’t see the path ahead of me?
How do I let go, if I have nothing to hold onto?
How can I give my life meaning, if I can’t find a reason to be?
 
How do I end something I didn’t start?
How do I escape it, if I can’t see it?
How do I express it, if I can’t understand it?

Why can’t I feel?
Nor pain,
or joy,
just emptiness.
 
Is my sould dead?
Did my heart break?
Who am I?
How did I get here?
Where should I go next?
 
By Gaby Fischer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment